All-in-One shuts down abruptly for no apparent reason

guardian_kia

Hi there! I'm new here, so sorry if I start by asking you for help.

I have an old Siragon All-in-One since 2014. It haven't used it for a couple of years because it shuts down abruptly with no apparent reason. I would like to repair it, but I don't have any idea what could be the cause.
I don't think it's power-related since it can stay in the bios screen as long as necessary without shutting down. The problem starts when I boot the HDD or USB. It works for a little before shutting down completely.

Long ago it used to happen less frequently. The computer would shut down every 4 hours or so. It got to a point where I didn't want to use it anymore because it would happen every 20-30 minutes. Now it doesn't last 15.

I get it's hard to tell what could be the cause without cheking it. But I thought maybe someone had a similar experience and can help me fix it.

I don't want to get it fixed because it's very expensive where I live, and I would be better spending that money on a new device. I'm also very nostalgic and would really like to have it back.
Thank you so much for your help beforehand. I appreciate it!

pcrepair

Administrator
Staff member
When your Siragon computer All-in-One shuts down abruptly without any clear reason, it can be quite frustrating. However, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue. Here are some suggestions:

1. Check for overheating: Overheating can cause a computer to shut down unexpectedly. Ensure that the computer's vents and fans are clear of dust and debris. Use compressed air to clean them if necessary. You can also try using a cooling pad to help with heat dissipation.

2. Verify power supply: Make sure the power supply is functioning properly. Check if the power cable is securely connected to both the computer and the electrical outlet. Try using a different power outlet or cable to eliminate the possibility of a faulty connection.

3. Update drivers and software: Outdated or incompatible drivers and software can lead to system instability. Visit Siragon's official website and download the latest drivers and updates for your computer model. Install them and restart your computer to see if the issue persists.

4. Check for malware or viruses: Malware and viruses can cause system instability. Run a full system scan using reliable antivirus software to detect and remove any potential threats.

5. Verify hardware components: Faulty hardware components, such as a failing power supply, faulty RAM, or a problematic hard drive, can cause unexpected shutdowns. If you have experience with computer hardware, you can try reseating or replacing these components. However, if you're not comfortable doing this yourself, it's best to consult a professional technician.

6. Check event logs: Windows operating systems keep event logs that can provide information about system errors and crashes. Access the Event Viewer by typing "Event Viewer" in the Windows search bar, and look for any critical or error events that coincide with the shutdowns. This information can help identify the underlying cause.

7. Perform a clean boot: Sometimes, third-party software or services can conflict with the system and cause unexpected shutdowns. Perform a clean boot to start your computer with only essential services and programs running. If the problem disappears, gradually enable the disabled items to identify the problematic software.

8. Reset or reinstall the operating system: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to consider resetting or reinstalling the operating system. Backup your important files and follow the instructions provided by Siragon or Microsoft for resetting or reinstalling the operating system on your specific model.

If the problem persists even after trying these steps, it's recommended to contact Siragon customer support or seek assistance from a professional technician who specializes in computer hardware.