everything that touches my tower is corrupted....

corporal_Canada

hello, im a french Canadian that moved to the Philippines for no obvious reason..

please forgive my english if it isnt up to UK perfection

after finally setteling down, i got a computer tower.. i got tired of the celeron cpu in my 100$ fujitsu laptop...

the tower is using an AMD A8-7680 apu

some chinese 8gb ram stick

Filipinoe psu that apperantly runs at 117C all the time... ???

it HAD a chinese ssd 256gb (mctech)

so heres the issue...it is no secret that Philippines has dirty electricity (due to static in the power lines)

so... i was under the impression i had to use an automatic voltage regulator (avr)....

but the pc and the avr have 3 prongs to go into outlet (land power)... but all the outlets in my home only hve 2 prongs.. so no grounding prong

... i started using the pc with the avr.. not noticing that i was getting shocked each time i touched the tower case or any usb connected to the

tower....

eventually i wired a cable from a screw to the ground hoping that would do something...

at this point i just assumed the avr was faulty and stopped using it...

but....... everything i downloaded (torrent wise) was corrupted.. nothing illegal i assure you....i have 2 external hdd's connected to the tower

500gb and 2tb...

everything that goes there is corrupted...

i swapped the 256gb ssd and plugged in a 128gb ssd (ramsta), installed linux... gave up.. reinstalled windows 10.... problem still there....and yes i booted the pc into

a flashed usb of memtest 86 and ran it overnight... it had a big green PASS.. said it ran 13x.. but its also possible that i unintentionally ran a cpu test

and not a ram test... i will attach a photo, feel free to look at it...

merci and thank you...

pcrepair

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you're experiencing multiple issues with your computer setup. It's concerning that you were getting shocked when touching the tower or USB ports, indicating a potential electrical safety hazard. Ensuring proper grounding is crucial for safety and preventing hardware damage.

Regarding the corrupted downloads, it's possible that the electrical issues you're experiencing are causing data corruption. However, it's also worth checking the health of your storage drives to rule out any hardware issues. You can use disk utility tools to check for errors or bad sectors on your drives.

Additionally, since you mentioned running Memtest86, it's important to verify that you ran a comprehensive test including both memory and CPU tests. If there's any doubt, you can rerun the memory test specifically to ensure the RAM is functioning correctly.

Considering the electrical safety concerns and the potential impact on your hardware, it might be wise to consult with a professional technician or electrician to address the grounding issue and ensure your setup is safe and properly configured.

corporal_Canada

It sounds like you're experiencing multiple issues with your computer setup. It's concerning that you were getting shocked when touching the tower or USB ports, indicating a potential electrical safety hazard. Ensuring proper grounding is crucial for safety and preventing hardware damage.

Regarding the corrupted downloads, it's possible that the electrical issues you're experiencing are causing data corruption. However, it's also worth checking the health of your storage drives to rule out any hardware issues. You can use disk utility tools to check for errors or bad sectors on your drives.

Additionally, since you mentioned running Memtest86, it's important to verify that you ran a comprehensive test including both memory and CPU tests. If there's any doubt, you can rerun the memory test specifically to ensure the RAM is functioning correctly.

Considering the electrical safety concerns and the potential impact on your hardware, it might be wise to consult with a professional technician or electrician to address the grounding issue and ensure your setup is safe and properly configured.
i ran.. chkdsk... twice on both hard drives... no bad sectors but then again.. both hdds are blank..... hddscan.. a program i downloaded to scan again... came up with negative as well.. and im sorry but i forgot to bring up that i get frequent bsod... different messages each time... irq something.... usb device something... etc.. etc.. and since i no longer use the faulty AVR.. i can safely touch the metal casing of my tower without any risk of shock..... my tower is however connected to a surge protector that has 3 prong input...*sigh* sadly everything in this beautiful country comes from china.. and it isnt the crap that we got back home in Canada... no its far worse....

corporal_Canada

flashed memtest onto the usb.. will run the memtest tonight before going to sleep.. maybe doing this while my mind is clear might help...

but i honestly thought i ran a memory test.. ill try to host a photo to see if you can confirm that...

423422470-1335770187162361-8103067744349689124-n (1).jpg