My games keep crashing

VixxViolence

Hello!
I’m here to ask for help for my computer problem.

I’d like to start off with that I have absolutely no knowledge about computers. I feel lost and don’t know how to fix my issue.

In february I bought a new pc. It was made by a small pc repair company, specifically for gaming.

These are my specs:
Device name DESKTOP-3D5PU3E
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700KF 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID D19C5CC0-F5EF-406A-AC73-B47542BF90EE
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA198
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER
Operating System Windows 11 Pro

This is what I have attached to my computer:
SCREEN 1 AOC Q27G2E - QHD VA Gaming Monitor - 144hz -155Hz - 27 Inch
SCREEN 2 Dell u2515H
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3
Headset Razer Kraken Kitty Edition
Speakers YAMAHA Hs7 (x2)
Mixing Console YAMAHA AG06

My problem is that I cannot play my games. All of them crash. Which especially bothers me with The Sims 4 and Fortnite, since they are the ones who I play the most.

I brought my pc back to the same repair company several times and they checked my hardware several times, all came out good. No hardware issues.

The problem is that my games don’t crash at the repair company and I don’t have a car and can’t bring my full setup there. I also brought my pc to another repair service and they also couldn’t replicate my crashes and couldn’t find the issue. But my games crash so often that it’s unplayable.

The repair company told me last time that the issue is either a software issue or something attached to my computer. When they did a fresh start, wiping my computer, my games didn’t crash for a week, but then it started again.

I also used to have an old tv screen instead of screen 2 (screen 2 was recently gifted to me) on which I had the same issue. I recently moved and am working on new internet and the issue is still the same. I tried to turn off screen 1 while playing, and it worked for a couple of days, no crashes. But now it is crashing again. I also tried to unplug my yamaha speakers when gaming, but the issue is still there.

I feel very lost and very frustrated. I’ve spent a lot of money on this new pc and I can’t do the one thing I bought it for: gaming.

When I crash in fortnite it just gives me a standard crash screen.

Everything is always updated. (windows and NVIDIA)

Can somebody please help me with what could be my issue?

pcrepair

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like a frustrating issue, especially since the crashes only happen when your setup is connected, but not in repair shops. Here are a few steps to troubleshoot:
  1. Check for Power Issues:
    • Sometimes, power issues can cause instability. Try connecting your PC directly to a wall socket instead of a power strip, or test with another power supply if possible.
  2. Isolate External Devices:
    • Since the crashes only happen when your full setup is connected, try disconnecting your peripherals one by one:
      • Disconnect your second monitor (Dell u2515H) and try gaming on a single monitor for a longer period.
      • If you use the Yamaha AG06 mixing console and speakers during gameplay, try disabling or unplugging them to see if there's any difference.
      • Test different USB ports for the mouse and keyboard. USB port malfunctions can sometimes lead to instability.
  3. Driver Conflicts:
    • Double-check if your audio drivers (related to Yamaha AG06 and Razer devices) are fully updated and not conflicting with each other. Sometimes, audio devices or mixing software can cause issues with games.
    • Try uninstalling third-party software (e.g., Razer Synapse, or Yamaha drivers) to see if that resolves the issue temporarily.
  4. Event Viewer:
    • When the game crashes, check the Windows Event Viewer (Windows Logs > System/Application) for any error messages at the time of the crash. It might give more specific information about the cause of the crashes.
  5. Power Settings:
    • Ensure your Windows power settings are set to "High Performance" and that no power-saving options for the GPU or CPU are enabled.
  6. Temperature Monitoring:
    • Install a temperature monitoring software like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner to check if there are any overheating issues when you play the games, even though the hardware checked out fine.
  7. Reinstall Games:
    • Try uninstalling and reinstalling Fortnite and The Sims 4 to ensure no corrupted game files are causing the crashes.
Let me know if any of these help or if you'd like more specific guidance!