Plugged or Soldered?

Schrauber

Hello, I want to replace the top cover on my Asus FX706HC. During disassembly, I reached a point where I am unsure whether the components are plugged in or soldered:

asus1-jpg.21

The connectors on the new replacement part look more like stack connectors to me:

Asus2.jpg

But perhaps the old one is still soldered? Since I don't even have a soldering iron, I don't want to just pull on it. Can this be identified?
Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• asus1.jpg
    asus1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 10

pcrepair

Administrator
Staff member
It's great that you're being cautious! From the images you provided, it seems like the connectors on the replacement part are stack connectors, which typically indicate they're plugged in rather than soldered. To confirm, you can gently try to disconnect the connectors from the old part. If they come off easily without resistance, they're likely plugged in. If they seem firmly attached or you encounter resistance, they might be soldered. If you're unsure, it might be wise to consult a technician or refer to the device's manual for guidance.

Schrauber

It's great that you're being cautious! From the images you provided, it seems like the connectors on the replacement part are stack connectors, which typically indicate they're plugged in rather than soldered. To confirm, you can gently try to disconnect the connectors from the old part. If they come off easily without resistance, they're likely plugged in. If they seem firmly attached or you encounter resistance, they might be soldered. If you're unsure, it might be wise to consult a technician or refer to the device's manual for guidance.
Thanks for your fast reply! :)
Not sure what I will do next but I have no real pressure (2 keys broken out from old keyboard).

Schrauber

Short update: I visited a repair coffee this weekend: It was plugged (it's the antenna from the Wifi-module).
So top cover is changed and it's running :)