Lenovo Ideapad White Screen Issue

victoranthony

Hi everyone,
I'm facing a white screen issue on my Lenovo Ideapad 110. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, display cable, and RAM. It worked temporarily, but after one reboot, the problem returned. I repeated the process several times and also tried holding the power button for 30 seconds with the battery unplugged, but nothing seems to work to solve this blank white screen issue.
Any suggestions? I really need this laptop to function! https://whitescreen.vip/

Last edited:

pcrepair

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like the white screen issue on your Lenovo Ideapad 110 could be hardware-related, especially considering that temporarily disconnecting and reconnecting components provided some relief. Here are some additional troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. External Monitor Test

• Connect to an external monitorusing the HDMI or VGA port. This will help determine if the issue is related to the laptop’s display or GPU. If the external monitor works fine:
    • The problem may lie with your laptop's internal display or display cable.
    • If the external monitor shows the same white screen, then it's more likely a graphics card or motherboard issue.

2. Check Display Cable (LVDS/eDP Cable)

• Re-seat the display cable connecting the screen to the motherboard again, making sure it’s securely in place. If the cable is loose or damaged, this can cause a white screen.
  • Inspect for damage or wear. Sometimes, the cable can become frayed or damaged due to frequent opening and closing of the laptop.

3. Try Booting in Safe Mode

• Turn off the laptop, and when restarting, repeatedly press F8 or Shift + F8 to boot into Safe Mode.
  • If it boots into Safe Mode without the white screen, the problem might be software or driver related. In that case, update or roll back the display drivers in Safe Mode.

4. Check for Loose RAM

• Since reconnecting the RAM helped, try replacing the RAM with a new or working one if possible. Sometimes, faulty RAM can cause display issues.

5. BIOS Reset

• Enter BIOS by pressing the F2 key during startup (before the Lenovo logo appears).
  • Once in the BIOS, leave the laptop running for a while to see if the screen goes white in BIOS. If not, your OS or graphics driver could be the issue.
  • Reset BIOS to default settings and exit, which can resolve certain hardware conflicts.

6. Reflash/Update BIOS

• If resetting the BIOS doesn't work, you can try updating the BIOS. An outdated or corrupt BIOS could cause display issues. Visit Lenovo's official website to download the latest BIOS update for your model.

7. Check for Software or Driver Issues

• If the problem started after a recent update, try booting into Safe Mode and uninstalling any recent updates or display drivers.
  • You can also try installing the latest graphics drivers from Lenovo’s support site or the manufacturer's site (Intel/NVIDIA).

8. Test the Laptop Without Battery

• Try running the laptop only on AC power by removing the battery completely and seeing if the white screen issue persists.