climbravana

Hello there. How are you? I hope all is well.

I have a question.

I opened my i5 Lenovo Ideapad 10-151KB to clean and put thermal paste. When I put it back together, the Laptop could not detect battery and will not turn on without plugging it in. The touchpad also doesnt work, and only the right side of the keyboard works.

Would you be able to please give me advice what to check?

pcrepair

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like there may be multiple issues after reassembling your Lenovo Ideapad 10-151KB. Here's a checklist to troubleshoot:

1. Battery Issue:
    • Ensure the battery connector is fully seated in the motherboard.
    • Check if any pins in the battery connector are bent or damaged.
    • Inspect for debris or dust blocking the connection points.
    • Try a BIOS reset (remove the battery, unplug the charger, and hold the power button for 30 seconds).
    • If possible, test with a known working battery.
  2. Touchpad and Keyboard:
    • Check if the ribbon cables for both the touchpad and keyboard are properly reconnected and seated. The keyboard might have two separate ribbons, and one could be loose.
    • Inspect the ribbons for any tears or damage.
    • Reseat the touchpad and keyboard connectors securely.
  3. Software Reset:
    • Boot into the BIOS and check if the touchpad and keyboard are recognized.
    • In Windows, you may want to check the Device Manager for any driver issues. If the battery, touchpad, or keyboard shows errors, you can try reinstalling the drivers.
  4. Check for Static or Power Issues:
    • Disconnect all power sources (battery and AC adapter), then press and hold the power button for about 10-15 seconds to discharge any remaining power in the system. Reconnect the battery and try again.
If these steps don't solve the issues, there could be more significant damage to the internal components or faulty reconnections.