My computer won't turn on. What could be the problem?

pcrepair

Administrator
Staff member
If your computer won't turn on, there could be several possible causes.
Here are some steps you can take to diagnose the problem:
  1. Check that the power cable is properly connected to both the computer and the electrical outlet. Make sure the outlet is working by testing it with another device.
  2. Check that the power supply unit (PSU) switch is in the "on" position.
  3. If your computer has a battery, check that it's charged and properly seated in its compartment.
  4. Check that all peripheral devices, such as printers or external hard drives, are properly connected and powered on.
  5. Check for any loose or disconnected internal components, such as RAM or the CPU.
  6. If you hear any beeps or see any error messages on the screen when attempting to turn on your computer, look up the corresponding error code in your computer's manual or online to see what the problem could be.
If none of these steps solve the problem, it's possible that there's a hardware failure or a more serious issue with your computer. In this case, it's best to seek the help of a professional computer repair technician.

Laptopx

Useful fix I must agreed but most common that I've experienced is when I taught my laptop battery was fully charge but do not. The best thing is to plug to the power supply for a few minutes before switch on and if it doesn't turn on, you can check the battery if it properly fits.