black screen windows 11

idris83

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Samsung nt700g7a laptop a few days ago, it stuck on a black screen, and even if I restarted the black screen remained, then I decided to reinstall Windows 11 from 0, but I realized after installation of windows 11 that as soon as I connect the laptop to the internet the computer after a few minutes freezes on the black screen and doesn't start anymore. I tried to reinstall windows several times and it always does the same thing. The strange thing is that before it freezes on the black screen you hear a sound as if you insert a usb. I also tried to install Windows 10 to test but that works perfectly, only Windows 11 has problems. Thanks

pcrepair

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like your Samsung NT700G7A laptop is encountering compatibility issues with Windows 11, particularly when connected to the internet. Since Windows 10 works fine, the problem could be related to drivers or updates specific to Windows 11.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot:

1. Block Automatic Driver Updates:
    • Windows 11 might be downloading and installing a faulty driver as soon as it connects to the internet. You can prevent this by temporarily disabling automatic driver updates.
    • To do this, go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced system settings > Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings and select "No" for automatic driver downloads.
  2. Safe Mode with Networking:
    • Try booting into Safe Mode with Networking and see if the black screen issue occurs. This can help determine if it's a driver or a startup application causing the problem.
  3. Install Drivers Manually:
    • Check the Samsung website for any Windows 11-compatible drivers for your model, especially for network and GPU drivers. Manually installing these might prevent the faulty automatic update.
  4. Check Event Viewer:
    • You can look at the Event Viewer logs to see if there are any errors or warnings logged right before the freeze, which could give more clues on what is causing the issue.
  5. Disable USB-related devices or services:
    • The USB-like sound before the freeze could indicate a hardware or driver conflict. You could try disabling unused USB controllers or devices in Device Manager to see if it helps.
  6. Run SFC and DISM Tools:
    • Run sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth from Command Prompt to check and fix any system file issues that could be contributing to the problem.
If these steps don’t resolve the issue, the problem might be tied to hardware incompatibility or a bug in a Windows 11 update. You may need to stick with Windows 10 for stability unless future updates address the issue.

idris83

thanks for the answers, before these black screens, windows 11 had already been installed for more than 6 months and it never gave me problems. I'll try to install windows 11 again and try to change the parameters based on your advice. thanks